Don’t you hate it when people do NOT re-rack their weights! One of my pet peeves for gym etiquette! My thoughts below via Flyte Fitness, the Core Gliders company that I referenced Monday. I know! 🙂 YES, get 10% off with my TRUTH discount code at checkout & free shipping in Continental U.S.. I have lots of backed up videos because I know not everyone is interested but I am hooked! They are now a staple in my routine!
OTHER gym etiquette rules that people break & really bug me:
1. Don’t sit on a bench or machine & text away while waiting to do your next set! Let someone work in! Frig, some have 5 minute rests between sets! I personally don’t use my phone except to record videos for Instagram.
2. WIPE off your sweat from machines & benches! Use a towel. Have you ever taken a look at a towel you used to clean off a machine or bench – YIKES!
3. FRAGRANCE – Unless you are coming from work, deodorant will do. Don’t put on perfume or cologne! The more you sweat, the more it smells & some are bad enough without the sweat already! I certainly have got some bad headaches from too much cologne in the gym!
4. Don’t sing out loud & loudly to your music! I know many like to sing to music BUT there are other people around you. Respect that they have the right to listen to their own music. 🙂
5. The locker room – see below – need I say more! Also – respect space!
6. The grunting! I get super super hard lifts but sometimes it has nothing to do with that! Also, when crowded, just be respectful.
7. Don’t stand in front of someone when they are lifting. I am not checking myself out in the mirror, I am checking my form!
So many more but I am ending with this cause it hits home. 🙂 I will not look like a man by lifting heavy weights & I can get big if I want OR NOT if I want. If you don’t know enough to understand that you have to eat & train to get big, don’t offer advice on this!
PS: I must add this – number 9 but I am adding after the fact so leaving the title alone. SO IMPORTANT – DO NOT TALK TO SOMEONE WHILE THE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF LIFTING! CAN YOU SAY INJURY TO THE OTHER PERSON OR JUST PLAIN INTERRUPTING THEIR CONCENTRATION! Even on cardio equipment, if a person loses concentration – injury! DON’T DO IT!!!