At the beginning of the year, I posted my easy recipes that I make all the time – every week! Well, after my amazing gift box (very top pic in the collage above) from NuNaturals – LOVE THEM – I had to improvise a bit. I updated my protein loaf to a mocha protein loaf! YUMMMM! I will give you the original recipe below & bold my changes in red next to it.
- 6 scoops protein powder – same as above recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3-4 tbsp oat bran (original recipe called for 3 tbsp of almond flour for those that prefer that) I changed this to 3 tbsp of NuNaturals Oat Fiber & 1 tbsp of oat bran.
- I added in about 5 tbsp of the NuNaturals Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract – I used coffee extract instead of vanilla
- I dump some cinnamon in too but this was not in original recipe. I used a little cinnamon but not nearly as much as my original recipe
- Again – same notes as above on protein powder. This is a looser batter so don’t worry about that. I like mine a bit thicker so I add more of the casein/whey protein powder.
- And same on this: FEEL FREE TO ADD IN YOUR OWN TASTE BUD LIKES – NUTS OR CHOCOLATE CHIPS – WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO. I leave my as is EXCEPT I SPRINKLE EITHER CINNAMON OR PUMPKIN PIE SPICE ON TOP. A cinnamon sugar variation without the white sugar is nice or brown sugar. I sprinkled the NuNaturals Coconut sugar on top before baking!
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper to minimize clean up of course. Bake at 335 degrees for 40-50 minutes. WHY SO WIDE A RANGE? ORIGINAL RECIPE CALLED FOR 40-45 MINUTES. I PREFER WELL DONE. I BAKE MINE FOR 50 MINUTES.
HERE IT IS:
Have a very wonderful Easter if you celebrate & a fantastic weekend! A couple Easter funnies for you! 🙂
One of my favorites:
I am a 12 year old boy in a 58 year old woman’s body:
Being Jewish, could not resist: