I think anyone trying to be healthy & fit can call themselves an athlete! I sticking with that! 🙂
EASY Recipes I have posted so many times but I do have new readers so.. these are staples every week! NO, they are not pretty but I am all about taste since I am not a food blogger. They don’t have to be pretty. 🙂
My easy turkey meatloaf happens every week – I am soooooo lazy with food but it works for me! 🙂
I buy extra lean ground turkey, add in low sodium salsa so I don’t have to cut up veggies, add in Trader Joe’s hot & sweet mustard, (I have been hooked on this for years. It used to be seasonal but now it is a staple in my stores), add in either my love of Skoop A-Game greens powder and/or Nutrex Hawaii Spirulina powder and add in seasonings of choice! I bake it at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Times may vary with your oven. I like mine well done so I go longer & it still is moist with the salsa in there. I even line the loaf pan with parchment paper for easy clean up! This gives me dinner meat for a few days!
You have also read about my protein loaf and bars many times! Very short list of ingredients and once I make them, they last for a week plus! I eat the bars as part of after the gym breakfast and the loaf as little mini meals or snacks in the day OR at night. I add protein powder in both these recipes. I sometimes add in my Skoop B-Strong, but it is always a mix of whey, casein/whey protein powder (I like Met-Rx ProteinPlus) & the Skoop too. Nope, not the prettiest but they taste good to me! Again, I line the pans with parchment paper!
Protein Bars – I have changed it a bit over time so below is my newest variation:
- 5-6 scoops protein powder – 3 of casein/whey and 3 of whey. You can do 5 scoops only too. I use vanilla casein/whey & cinnamon whey protein powder.
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana – I use medium to large
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 6 tbsp egg liquid egg whites
- salt to taste – I DO NOT add for me
- cinnamon to meet your taste buds – I dump! 🙂
- FEEL FREE TO ADD IN YOUR OWN TASTE BUD LIKES – NUTS OR CHOCOLATE CHIPS – WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO. I leave my as is EXCEPT I SPRINKLE EITHER CINNAMON OR PUMPKIN PIE SPICE ON TOP. A cinnamon sugar variation without the white sugar is nice or brown sugar.
- Cut into your preferred shape – I go the bar route! 🙂
I mash the banana first, add in the applesauce & other liquid ingredients & cinnamon. You can beat here if you want but I am lazy so I mix by hand. Add in the protein powder – casein/whey first because it is thicker & then the whey. From here, I add a little extra egg whites or applesauce if I need more liquid. I like a thicker batter but many of you may prefer a bit thinner.
Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper to minimize clean up. 🙂 I bake for about 17-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Start checking at 17 minutes. I usually take it out when the sides are more done & the center may be less done. I put a piece of tinfoil over the center part to continue baking there. I don’t want the outer edges to get over done. I have never mastered the whole thing baking evenly. I AM NOT A BAKER! 🙂
Protein Loaf I changed this one a little bit too:
- 6 scoops protein powder – same as above recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3-4 tbsp oat bran (original recipe called for 3 tbsp of almond flour for those that prefer that)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- I dump some cinnamon in too but this was not in original recipe.
- Again – same notes as above on protein powder. This is a looser batter so don’t worry about that. I like mine a bit thicker so I add more of the casein/whey protein powder.
- And same on this: FEEL FREE TO ADD IN YOUR OWN TASTE BUD LIKES – NUTS OR CHOCOLATE CHIPS – WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO. I leave my as is EXCEPT I SPRINKLE EITHER CINNAMON OR PUMPKIN PIE SPICE ON TOP. A cinnamon sugar variation without the white sugar is nice or brown sugar.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper to minimize clean up of course. Bake at 335 degrees for 40-50 minutes. WHY SO WIDE A RANGE? ORIGINAL RECIPE CALLED FOR 40-45 MINUTES. I PREFER WELL DONE. 🙂 I BAKE MINE FOR 50 MINUTES.
I am taking this space, since it is my space, :), to remind you all of my love of Joint Vibrance – the only joint supplement I have found that works for me. Search my site for all my posts on it. You can get 20% off the price by clicking on my sidebar Vibrant Health link & using that discount code. I swear by this joint supplement!!! I use the powder but they have it in pill form too.
Also Skoop! I love all their products! Save 25% at with promo code SNOWMAN. Expires Sunday 1/31 at midnight. I mix them in my food as you see above! I am hooked on their beet powder as well!!! Most companies market this as an energy boost & it does do that BUT FOR ME, let’s be honest here – it helps me poop!!!! Hey, I eat tons of fiber but get to my age & see what happens! 🙂 They also added in this product! DON’T FORGET: Save 25% at with promo code SNOWMAN. Expires Sunday 1/31 at midnight.
SUPER SKOOP ALL-IN-ONE NUTRITIONAL SHAKE
- It’s all that and the kitchen sink. The perfect all-in-one nutritional shake for those times when you don’t want to sacrifice super nutrition in the name of convenience. Go ahead, get your super on.
- 20 grams of USDA organic brown rice, pea, and hemp come together to create a complete protein
- Antioxidant equivalent of four cups of USDA organic fruits and veggies
- Omega-3s from plant sources promote heart health and regulate cholesterol
- 1 billion probiotic organisms aid digestive health + 1 gram of prebiotic fiber to nourish healthy gut flora