The above quote & this were my Instagram post Tuesday morning: #TruthTuesday – Many do #transformationtuesday but the truth is that the transformation comes from small, consistent steps to get there. Patience & consistency are your friends!
DON’T FALL VICTIM TO QUICK FIXES! You need to learn the process AND the mistakes.
IT HAS TO BE SUSTAINABLE LIFE LONG. The process gets tweaked along the way but it still needs to be attainable steps.
I have increased my weights this year by taking small steps toward the goal & not getting injured (mostly but not due to doing something wrong) along the way. Going too fast risks injury & quite honestly quick fixes end up in regaining the weight.
THIS PROCESS IS NOT JUST ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS OR MUSCLE GAINS. IT APPLIES TO ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE.
Happy Baby Steps Tuesday!!!!!
ON TO WEIGHT LOSS!
So, you are thinking – How can perimenopause into menopause help a young person OR older person OR man OR woman lose weight. Well, it can!!!!
Once I hit 50, all hell broke loose!!! It was all emotional & physical craziness!!!!
On the food end though, I have been a mini meal eater for many many years. This works best for me. I LOVE to eat so being able to eat every 2-3 hours is a recipe for success for me. NOW I AM ONE THAT HAS NO PROBLEM WITH PORTION CONTROL & EATING THE RIGHT FOODS FOR ME IN THOSE MINI MEALS! I would eat anywhere from 6-8 mini meals a day. Even within the mini meals – I would split those up so I could eat it over an hour or more. Honestly with the breaking it up – maybe that was more like 10-12 mini mini meals since often I ate them over the course of an hour or more. 🙂
HERE IS HOW I DID IT AND YOU CAN TOO EVEN IF YOU EAT 3 MAIN MEALS & 2 SNACKS… AND AT ANY AGE:
- Baby steps!!!!! Like I wrote above & that Instagram quote – it is a process. Things do not happen overnight! I DO NOT & NEVER WOKE UP LIKE THIS! 🙂 I work hard at it every day & have for many many years!
- Understand that it does not stop just because you lost the amount of weight you wanted to lose. You have to work at maintenance & THE TRUTH – for life!
- I took small steps at eating less AND changing food choices as well as my ratios of Protein to Carbs to Fat. I did it slowly so I knew how my body reacted to each change. THIS IS WHERE PATIENCE IS REALLY NEEDED! 🙂
- I first started by eliminating a mini mini meal here & there SLOWLY to give my body time to adjust to less food. Cutting it out all at once – you are going to feel like you’re starving & can lead to binge eating or giving up!
- I also had to start changing the foods I eat – even though I already ate very very healthy! I had to adjust to a bit more protein (not excessive), different types of carbs & my fat % stayed about the same from the same foods. I did this slowly & 1 thing at a time to understand how my body felt with the change.
- As I got further into it, I had to continue taking out some of those mini mini meals – the older I got … It is life – it is perimenopause into menopause. For some it may not be a priority for them but I was trying to stay as lean as I could for the way I wanted to look FOR ME! I still eat more than other women my age because I work out so hard but WAY LESS than in my 40s & younger!
ALL THESE SMALL STEPS ALONG THE WAY FROM 50 TO NOW ALMOST 58 HELPED ME LEARN MY BODY AND ADJUST AS I WENT THRU THIS. YES, I ate more at 50 or 52 or 54 than I do now even with all my exercise. I will most likely be adjusting for life!
HOW DOES THIS HELP YOUNGER MEN AND WOMEN AND ALL AGES IN BETWEEN – THE PROCESS!!! Small attainable steps toward your goal! Give yourself & your body time to adjust so you are not overwhelmed. If you go too fast, you have no idea what worked AND you might get so hungry that you give up!
If you are a 3 meal a day eater – start reducing what you eat in those meals SLOWLY!!! Start changing the foods OR the snacks SLOWLY! This can be done if you want it!
YES, it sucks to have to take the time to do it this way BUT smaller attainable steps lead to life long success! THIS GOES FOR EXERCISE TOO!!! 🙂
Hit me up with any questions!