Make Weight Training Fun! How to Get the Most Out of Your Workouts! Ask Me A Question!

Many times when I chat with people about weight lifting, they tell me it is boring. I am dumbfounded!!! It is so much fun to me! Of course I would say that! 🙂

Oh, I get it. Those that are new to lifting weights or even some that have lifted for years make a mistake that is common – they don’t change it up enough.

Your body is a smart cookie! Dang – I used the cookie word! 😉 It knows when it is getting too much of a good thing. It says – HEY, I know what is coming at me so I’m going to stay right here looking like this! ” 🙂 Don’t get me wrong, doing something is always better than doing nothing BUT if you want to progress, improve, maybe get more muscle or leaner or whatever is your thing – you are going to have to change it up to get those results the longer you have been at it.

Beginners  time is awesome time! You get results because your body has never felt anything like this.

Don’t get comfortable because BUT just like weight loss and the whole food thing, as the body gets used to what you are doing, it plateaus and you need to change it up, change things around. I have been doing this for my 35+ years!

Being fair, I know many do not have the knowledge base to know HOW to change it up. Even long-term lifters may not because they are ones that do it because it is good for them but never really researched how to do it right. They come in & do the same thing month after month and year after year. IT IS TRUE! I have seen it myself thru the years. Same people doing the exact same routine for 15+ years!

Of course those that follow me on Instagram, Facebook and personal Facebook & YouTube have seen that I have started to do videos. Each video I explain the move, variations to the move to help you change it up and things NOT to do. Being honest, I am behind on loading the Instagram videos to my YouTube channel but there are still some on there now. You can see all of them on Instagram & Facebook along with cookie pics of course!

Don’t let the weights intimidate you! There are plenty of great certified personal trainers to help you along with videos like mine online. Make the best of your time with the weights!

Is there an exercise or move I have not show on my videos that you want me to do for you? Let me know what you would like to see OR just ask me a question! 🙂

1. I love variety in my workouts, for myself and my clients. It’s good for the body and the mind.

1. YES, the mind too Debbie!!!

2. Wow ! You look incredible! I love strength training and have been trying to be consistent with working it into my half ironman training.

1. Sandra – thank you! half ironman – WOW!

3. Great advice. I do think people get stuck in a rut with weight training–I know I have. And I also saw an end to results. So now I do something different each of the 3x/week that I strength train and it really helps.

1. Thx Amanda! Glad to hear the variety is showing you results!!!

4. I’m currently lifting up to 15 lbs with my adjustable dumbbells and my goal is to go heavier by Labor Day. The set came with 2.5 & 5 lb weight plates. Should I buy more of these sizes or something else? I’m using 8 lbs for warm up and delts, 10 lbs for most other upper body, and 15 lbs for most lower body.

1. 🙂 MIke! I think many just don’t learn how to work to their full potential. 🙂

5. I always enjoy when I catch your blog because besides the exercise tips and the encouragement you always picture or mention ‘cookie’!

1. Thx so much Haralee! I do love my cookies! 🙂

6. I probably have the opposite problem… I get bored easily in the gym, and with all the fitness stuff I see online, it’s easy to get Shiny Object Syndrome about some new move/exercise. The problem is measuring progress if you don’t repeat things.

1. I hear ya on that too Axel! 🙂

7. Can you just be my trainer – I need one so badly but my schedule changes so much, it’s hard to get the weights and the cardio in my life! ugh!

1. I wish we lived closer GiGi!!! xoxo

8. i love weights! but i learned to switch it up too. Your videos have been great, keep them up

9. I love all your videos on Facebook and how you do show different types of variations.

1. Thx Abby – I hope they help people and you! xoxo

10. I do want to lift weights and I always borrow my brother’s dumbbells and lift some. The thing that scares me is I don’t really want man looking arms and stuff. How do I stay away from that (if it’s even possible) yet still lift?