Sacrifice is Part of the Game Plan in Life

TwitterFacebookGoogle+PinterestLinkedInEmailStumbleUponTumblrShare

FB MakeYouHappy

I think we all realize that in life, we make sacrifices. Most of us will definitely do that for family and career.

When it comes to other parts of our lives like health and fitness, some will make more sacrifices & others less. That is OK because we all have different priorities and different lives. It comes down to what is right for you.

I have made a lot of sacrifices for my workouts, fitness and food through my life. I still do.  I AM FINE WITH THAT! For others, they may not want to sacrifice as much & they can still be happy with themselves. That is what life is all about.

The one thing I do want to mention though – I am sure I will get some flack for this – is that if you decide you want to lose 30 pounds or more OR you want to be leaner OR you want to have muscles OR be better at any activity you chose to do – IT IS GOING TO TAKE SOME SACRIFICE ON YOUR PART TO GET THERE! You may take baby steps & get there later OR you may decide you want to work a bit harder to get there sooner. ALL IS GOOD. IT IS GOING TO TAKE SOME SACRIFICE THOUGH. YOU HAVE TO CHOSE YOUR “SACRIFICE” AND WHAT IS RIGHT & WORKS FOR YOU.

You can’t complain about “not getting there”, wherever that is for you, if you are not putting in some attempt & time to get “there”. We all have had times when we “fool ourselves”, me included!!!

YES, I DO believe in the #wycwyc for sure. The one caveat I have for this is – those times we fool ourselves OR talk ourselves out of working out or eating better not for a #wycwyc reason but just because….   We all have done it. If you decide that is the reason & you are OK with it – own it & move on. The thing I do want to say about this is to really think thru your #wycwyc and know that it is THAT vs. just not wanting to do it! I know, I will get flack for this but this is my true feelings on it. I know we all have talked ourselves out of something when we really could have done it.

***Many people believe they are working off more calories and eating fewer calories than the truth. This is one of the biggest reasons for many not accomplishing their weight loss goals.

ON SACRIFICE: I REALLY WANT TO MENTION THIS BECAUSE I SEE SO MUCH BASHING OF GYM AND WEIGHT LIFTERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

We all decide what we are willing to sacrifice for whatever activity or sport or talent means the most to us. I see all this bashing of people who lift weights. They are so self-absorbed. They spend too much time in the gym. They are so into only themselves. Why do they take time away from other things to go to the gym all the time.

HEY, people sacrifice for their running or racing or writing projects or yoga or music talents or triathlons or many other sports and activities! Why is it that people who love to lift weights & sacrifice to do that get bashed as the ones that are self-absorbed??!! Just like any of the previous activities or “loves”, that is what weight lifting is to me. SO – BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS LOVES & SACRIFICES. IT IS THEIR THING AND YOU HAVE YOUR THING.

OK, GOT THAT OFF MY CHEST! 🙂 If you want to see all my new YouTube videos you can click on the previous link OR go to my Truth2beingfit FB page. 🙂 I think most of you are following me on Instagram.

So, feel free to comment away! 🙂

1. One of the problems with social media is that so many people are so eager to judge others. Just stop! I make my choices, you make yours, no one else has an opinion. Or rather they do, but they aren’t entitled to an opinion.

1. So true Debbie! I see it so often…. let us all choose our way.. life lessons happen but others can’t live our lives… THX!

2. amen! we cannot judge by one post, snippet, or photos. there’s so much more behind the lens/computer. so let’s be good and gracious and kind. wise words, both of you. thank you

1. xoxoxo Lindsay – what a day yesterday… not the way I wanted to start it or even what I meant in the post but I turned the day around!

2. and as far as the #wycywc we discussed this a great deal as we wrote the book and remain firmly convinced people looking for an excuse will always find one.

1. Very true Carla & I knew you guys would have discussed this! 🙂

3. It is true. You can strive for balance, but if you want to see change, you will have to put in the work.

4. I needed this reminder Jody! I’ve been lamenting to my husband how I’ve lost so much fitness and strength thanks to my shoulder surgery and may have gained a couple of pounds. While I know that it’s expected but if I do want to get back to where I was or want to be, I do need to make the sacrifices to get there. It won’t happen magically!

1. Thx Christine – yes, sometimes we just have to go that extra mile or 1/2 mile! 🙂

5. I’m just trying to figure out how/why #wycwyc was even mentioned in this post as at it’s core is exactly that…. do what makes you happy and feel no guilt about it.

Everyone knows you have to sacrifice for anything you make a priority. The people I’m trying to reach with #wycwyc are those that use perfection as an excuse not to make any progress towards any goals at all.

1. Roni, I am sure that is the people you are reaching but not all people get that…. and not all people get the sacrifice thing… I have been at this a long long time & they really don’t get it OR they don’t want to admit it…

1. Right.. agreed.. but I don’t know why you think you would get flack for this. It just feels like you are ranting and lashing against #wycwyc and I’m not seeing the catalyst. I’ve also been at this a long time and I know many who need to be lifted up not shamed down. Especially when they have decided that they don’t want to make the sacrifice to lose vanity pounds or sculpt some model physique. It works both ways. People are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. That’s why #wycwyc is so powerful: Do YOU! and don’t worry about what others think.

1. Somehow you read this wrong Roni & sorry you did but that is exactly what I was saying & I have in many many many of my other posts! It is all up to you & what is right for you. I have never said anything different as I say here.. you can do a little baby steps & feel good about that or do more & be fine with that or decide to do less & be fine with that,. I have no idea what you are reading into this but what you wrote is not what I meant.

I am not shaming #wycwyc as I said I love it & wrote about it in another post if you hit that link.

I put in here & there that it is fine if that is not what they want & as I said above in many many many of my other posts!

2. And I really really really feel oni that I am not shaming anyone. My messages have always been inclusive & always do what is right for you!

6. It just really confused me why you took the defensive in the first place. Especially because I think we are all on the same page.

1. Roni, this post was not about your book. It was about sacrifice & came from a conversation with another person the other day…. it was more about finding your way & figuring out what sacrifice works for you. I think you got a bit sensitive & defensive in regards to that one mention. It was not about that… And again – I was NOT shaming it as I said find your way…. I am sorry you read it that way but I didn’t & still do not…

2. Sorry you took it that way. I reread & it does not come off that way to me… we all read things differently vs. chatting person to person.

7. lol I may have but you did as well. It seemed really odd to me you even mentioned #wycwyc when what you were saying (now that I know it was in response to an conversation) had nothing to do with our book or the movement.

8. Seems to me there is a saying or maxim for every side and every viewpoint.

Life will offer us the lessons we need to learn. If we don’t, the penalties will keep on increasing. All the saying in the world will not change that.

1. True that! <– just wanted to say that but wordpress said my comment was too short. lol

2. Dr. J – always with the great comments. 🙂