Encouragement Comes in Many Forms & Ages

Fb Inspiration

Sometimes life throws you curve balls. We all get down – all of us! YES, I am thankful for much as I write every Gratitude Monday BUT that does not mean that I am happy 24/7. In fact, quite the opposite with things behind the scenes.

I try to put things in perspective. I know that in many ways I am a very lucky person. That does not mean that we can’t acknowledge that we are sometimes not happy, sometimes depressed, sometimes stressed to the max & just want to run away! I think in social media, people don’t want to hear this yet many want to scream it out loud – YES I AM SOMETIMES SAD! YES SOMETIMES I AM NOT HAPPY!

YOU KNOW WHAT – THAT IS OK!! YOU ARE OK! IT IS LIFE!

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT – be open to all ages to help you through the storm. Just because I am older doesn’t mean younger people can’t help me. Just because you are younger does not mean I can’t relate or help you. BE OPEN TO THE POSSIBILITIES FOR HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT! There is no shame in asking for or seeking out help. Sometimes it comes knocking on your door without you even asking for help!

For me, this happened recently with a guy in the gym. He is probably at least 20 years younger than me – maybe more. He came to me for help with workouts, motivational help for his workouts & food help. In the process he helped me. I was in a funk. It is hard with social media when you don’t have what “they” require to be marketable. You may be able to help people but you are just not what they see as “right”.

Through him, I found a new lease on my workouts & my ability to help others. He has made great gains in the gym as well as out of the gym. He now has people come up to ask him questions & he credits me. I CREDIT HIM!!! He does the work. He listens and absorbs  a 57-year-old woman’s thoughts on workouts, life, food & more.

In return, he gave me a new outlook on life & maybe even the future!! I thank him! There he is below. He actually met me at TheFitExpo Los Angeles. We were checking out Skulpt Aim. A review soon on that! Very interesting device & I am liking it! Measures muscle quality, body composition, body fat  for each individual muscle and total body! You can track your progress. A great tool for fitness professionals, trainers, fitness competitors!!!

Rodney

YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE YOUR MOTIVATIONAL HELP WILL COME FROM – DO NOT CLOSE ANY DOORS!! THAT DOOR MAY BE THE OPENING TO A WHOLE NEW YOU!

I must close with this share from Instagram last night – just love it!!!

#ThoughtForEve from the beautiful @laurabodybuilding – #Regrann from @laurabodybuilding – #beautiful #live #smile #breath #love #inspiring #purpose #myjourney #keepon #colors #individuality

1. I pretty much think that age is irrelevant. I think attitude and personality are important.

1. I agree Elle! I wish everyone else felt as us! 🙂

2. As you know, I am known for ALWAYS being happy, laughing, positive, etc… However, I GET SAD and PISSED OFF and CRABBY just like anyone else – yesterday (for most of the day for instance) I was… MISERABLE… Something changed that later in the day, but MAN ugh…. Thankfully putting everything into perspective and seeing someone to help pull me outta the funk, HELPED lots 😉

1. We all get sad & depressed but glad you had help getting thru it – it is nice when we have friends like that GiGi!

3. Fantastic post! We all get opportunities but it is how YOU personally look at those opportunities that and make a choice to see it as a door or a wall. It is so hard sometimes but if we all strive toward that every day things can become amazing! I’m so glad you and this person have both had the opportunity to live bigger.

1. so well said Tess. It’s about perspective. Thank you jody for always encouraging us with the RIGHT perspective.. LIVE bigger indeed

2. THANK YOU Tess!!!!! Yes, it is how we look at things… sometimes it takes me longer to get there. 🙂 I am always looking for that open door though. I appreciate you!!!!

4. Thank you for this post. I am having a “gratitude Friday” because you made me feel less alone.

1. Barbara, thank you!!!! I am sorry you were feeling alone! I hope you have people you can go to in times like this!

1. Thx Dr. J! I was getting in to a sort of slump. He really made me feel valued. Sometimes this social media world can bring us down as well as up. 🙂

5. This is fantistic and so true, don’t count entire generations out, keep an open mind as you never who who will be the one helping lift you up when you happen to be having a bad day.

1. Thx so much!!! I find lots of encouragement from younger folks! 🙂

6. Love this. We all get into funks and I am so very happy that you came across such a fabulous situation that is benefiting and helping you both.

1. Thank you Abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Jody you would be a great asset to any GYM as a personal trainer. I never want to use the ones I’ve seen because they are so very young and inexperienced. You should think about it! 🙂

1. I have thought abut that Sheri – I have done it before. I prefer talking to people about my experiences vs. the training aspect… 🙂

8. Well that gym guy sounds like a very smart guy!!!
    So glad that he came to you.
    And, I agree, we never know where we will find inspiration and encouragement.

1. I am thankful for him too Kim!!! We have to keep the doors open!