STOP the Texting – Workout Tip! AND, Time is Running Out!

GymText.jpg

IMPORTANT GYM TIP!!!!!

One of the women I follow on Instagram, slo_lane, posted this the other day. She wrote in her post that she was waiting for a leg press machine while this guy took his 3-5 minute rest in between his sets. Instead of allowing people to work in, he sat there & texted away! I TOLD HER TO GO UP TO HIM NEXT TIME & ASK TO WORK IN. IF HE GETS ALL HUFFY, CALL HIM OUT ON THIS! It takes time for some of us to get the “bal*s to do this in the gym. You deserve to be there as much as anyone else no matter how light or heavy you are lifting!!!

FIRST OFF, if you have long rests in between your sets, let people work in – especially during the busy times when everything is in use! SECONDLY, there really is no need to be texting during your workouts. Focus on what you are doing & get into the mind/muscle link for the next set. Stretch the muscles in between sets. YES, I take a selfie here & there in the gym for you guys that read & follow me BUT I do not do anything else on that phone during my workouts. I AM THERE TO WORK OUT!

The other day I watched 3 guys get on treadmills going slower than slow. All 3 were looking at their phones. No matter how slow, this is a sure way to hurt yourself so this goes for cardio too! Be aware!

So the above is not for just leg press sets obviously! If anyone is taking up machine or bench space to rest for that long & not letting you work in – call them out!

I am a circuit training gal so I am on the move non stop with little to no rest BUT I always check to see if anything I am on is needed by others. Now I work out when few are there BUT there are still people there.

Gym Etiquette – LEARN IT for this, reracking your weights, wiping off your bench, using a towel and much much more!!!!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Skoop

Just a reminder about my great Skoop 15% off discount that ends on the last day of this month! LOVE LOVE these products! I use the A-Game and B-Lovely most just because I use whey protein more than plant-based but all the products are amazing… AND THEY  GIVE BACK TO SCHOOLS!!!

Again, my hairdresser mentioned how much new hair growth I had last time she was cutting my hair! I replied well, a lot extra on the face too! :) The B-Lovely helps with skin, hair & nails. I know many mix it as a drink but I love adding it to my Greek yogurt! I feel a lot better too with the A-Game. It really helps my digestion! You can mix it in food or smoothies but I also like to just use a Skoop Blender bottle & mix it with my almond milk. Any milk of choice is fine. You can add in some B-Strong protein too to bump it up! All plant-based & Non- GMO! They give back to school lunches too!!! You can mix them all in a power smoothie too!!!!!!

SO, don’t forget Skoop & that you get 15% off your total order through February!!! Put in the discount code BEINGFIT15 at checkout! . I have a badge on the right side of my blog for easy access to ordering these amazing plant-based products. The shaker bottle is 15% off too!!!

1. The irony is that multitasking is proving over and over to have worse results and provide less productivity than doing one thing at a time (says a reformed multitasker). So those slow going cardio/texters are getting worse results than if they simply worked out, then texted. And that’s not even getting into their rudeness! Tell ’em grrrrrll!

1. Kymberly – YES!!!! I never was great at multitasking & even worse now! 🙂

2. “I’m going to leg press but first… Let me take a selfie” – UGH!

I also ABHOR when people talk to me at the gym (aka: hit on me)… I AM NOT THERE to meet a dude, I am there to sweat – hence why I didn’t shower, put make up on or ANYTHING prior to coming to the gym. Yes, so flattered you think I look GOOD when I roll out of bed in the morning (working out is the first thing I do) but STOP IT! Stop me when I am LEAVING if you MUST!

1. I LOVE this GiGi!!! I am like you but course nobody is picking up on me. 😉 I put on my mean face – earbuds in, do not talk to me period! 🙂 The they find out I am really nice but serious & try to talk – NO!!! 🙂

3. When I am on vacation I realize how much of a time suck “sharing” can be, especially when people are waiting on me. Yes, it’s worth it to take pictures, but then editing and sharing across five platforms — not so much!

1. Yes, Coco, a big time suck & with how busy I am – it is hard to “share” these days!

4. I do pretty much all of my running and training at home, so I am blissfully ignorant of this trend. And amazed–seriously? People can’t put their phones down long enough to work out?!

1. Amanda – way way way too common these days! It’s crazy!

5. I got scolded for fiddling with my phone during a work-out… the trainer minding the gym thought I was checking emails or something “THIS IS YOUR TIME, NOT THEIR’S!”

Trouble is, I track my sets/reps/weights on my phone because I always lose/destroy papers/notebooks. So, a nice sentiment, rudely delivered, and completely misguided on her part.

1. I can see that Axel – it is those that sit there on equipment during rest times between sets or when you are logging say – let people work in.. that was more my point. 🙂

6. Even though I workout at home, I’m one of those people shoo likes to devote my workout time to working out!!! I might check if a text comes in to make sure it isn’t urgent but that is pretty much the extent of it:)

1. Like you Kim, I only have it near me for emergencies… 🙂

7. I always leave my phone in my purse, in the car, for me gym time is gym time.

8. Yes!!! I am loving all of your tips! And that texting on the leg press picture cracks me up every time I see it — but sadly, it’s the truth!!! Just another reason why I love running at home! xxoo

1. Thx Sarah!!!!! I see this so often at the gym & I go when hardly anyone is there!!!

9. I think if it was that guy in your photo, and he let her work in, she would have done an entire body workout just getting the machine ready for herself, lol

We need a new ER classification for injuries from distracted living.

I can’t stand it!

1. It is craziness DR. J! Even at my workout hours, I see this! Mostly hard core people but the phone is still there with the texting…

10. Amen sister! There was a lady standing IN the squat rack ON the freaking phone the other day. SO rude.

1. Marcia – OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Hello!
    Actually you get the right thing.We lost most of the time by hang out with friends,attach with the phone, capture photos & lot’s of thing.Rather doing it they just forget what they miss in this mean time. People are not much aware of it.Thanks for sharing this so much informative post with us.
    Hope so, after reading this post they may focus on the exercise rather than texting or other things.Really lovely post…. 🙂