Gratitude Monday & Gratitude During Tough Times

Welcome to Gratitude Monday. Each Monday stop by & comment on what you are grateful for today. It does not have to be food or exercise related. It can be ANYTHING!

It is crazy busy times right now!  My youngest stepdaughter due with her baby any time now, my sister just hit town yesterday and family life things – well, it is crazy! I have to fit work in between it all… 😉

Just want to say that if I don’t get to your posts or respond to an email or comment to an Instagram or Facebook post – well, the reason is above & below.

Saying that, I am working to keep my mantra and 2015 & beyond non-goals close to my heart. Need to keep the peace of mind & peace with myself a priority! It is not hard to do that when you think about everything else going on around you. Things can be tougher than tough but there is always others that have harder times & much harder times for many.

Some of you may have seen my Instagram & Facebook posts about The Legacy Project. It is a volunteer project to get families & friends together with a family member in hospice. The first pic above & the ones below are from our project Saturday. Those that have followed me for a few years know that my hubby’s brother’s wife was diagnosed 3 years ago with stage 4 breast cancer that had already spread to the bones. She fought it well & had a good 2.5 years of relatively good health before it took over to the point that they could do no more. She is an amazing woman who had a positive attitude throughout her ordeals & just in life period! It is heartbreaking to see her go through this but we are all uplifted by her love of family & life.

Here are a few more pictures below from our Saturday. That is my post for today. Just thankful for her & all she brought into our lives! The Instagram pic shows her surrounded by her mom & daughters as well as putting her own print on the project. She made sure she was right by her daughter’s prints! The smaller pics, you see the finished products, family/friends together, her mom putting her touches on the project, my palm print, Kimberly & her hubby (my hubby’s brother), my hubby & the volunteer doing the project.

KimberlyTheLegacyProject.Boards KimberlyTheLegacyProject.Family KimberlyTheLegacyProject.Mom KimberlyTheLegacyProject.MyPalm KimberlyTheLegacyProject.ScottKim KimberlyTheLegacyProjectSteve

How was your week & weekend? What are you thankful for today?

1. Having a loved one in hospice is so hard, but also so much better than the alternative of dying in a hospital. It was so helpful when my sister was passing, the people were so great and helped us get through everything. I’m sorry that your sister in law has reached this point, but I know that you’re doing everything to help her as she reaches the end. I think the legacy project is a wonderful way to help the people who will be left behind to deal with it all.

1. Thank you Debbie! My mom was at home thru hospice too…. It is very helpful & I send hugs to you too as we all know how hard it is to lose loved ones & especially when they have to suffer…

2. wow this is such lovely idea and something Id never heard of.

xox

1. It really was wonderful to do with family & close friends Carla…

3. There has been too much sadness these past few years. Our inner strength, family and friends old and new is all we have. It is wonderful when that can be enough.

1. I so agree Dr. J. So much going on right now that I am working hard to keep my inner peace. The astrological thing is not over for me yet.. struggles here still.

4. Hugs to you and your family, Jody. Hospice is hard, but it is an amazing resource for families to have.

1. Yes Lori & thank you!!!! xoxo

5. This sounds so wrenching, my heart goes out to you all, and hope there are some moments of peace along with the tears. You are always such an awesome source of support to your loved ones!

I feel ridiculously blessed, but it is also a good reminder that our time on earth can be cruelly cut short so it is foolish to let small worries spoil what little healthy happy time we may have.

Sending hugs!

1. Thank you Jan! Yes, time can be so short!!!! HUGS!

6. The Legacy Project is new to me as well. I like how this helps families come together when the knowledge that the end is near for someone who is ill.

My stepmother died of what we believe must have started as breast cancer when I was a teenager. She died 3 weeks after being diagnosed and it was awful not to be able appreciate the limited time we had together. I named my child after this special woman in my life.

I love that you have a Gratitude Monday. I think remembering to be grateful on the awful day of Monday is a nice way to ease into the week.

Thank you for all that you do for the health and fitness community, Jody!

1. The project was new to me as well – it was thru her hospice provider. This part is The Family Tree Project.

I am so sorry about your stepmom – so very very hard!!!! I love that you carried her on with you!!!!

Melissa, I originally started this Gratitude on Monday posts specifically because many of us do not look forward to Monday! 🙂

Thank you for all your support!!!!

7. So sorry about your sister-in-law but awesome to see all the family gathered with her.
    And, congratulations – I saw your FB post earlier about your newest grand baby – so exciting!!!

1. Thank you Kim!!! The circle of life….