Gratitude Monday & Balance in Life

Thanksgiving2014sky Thanksgiving2014weather.jpg

Welcome to Gratitude Monday. Each Monday stop by & comment on what you are grateful for today. It does not have to be food or exercise related. It can be ANYTHING!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving & a fun holiday weekend for those of us that celebrate! I am all about Balance in life and if you read my Holiday Food Help in 5 Easy Steps post, that is what it is all about. FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, DO THAT WITHOUT GUILT, MOVE ON! THIS IS PERFECT FOR ANY HOLIDAY, SPECIAL OCCASION OR LIFE IN GENERAL!

Here are some pics of my Thanksgiving food. I was all about the bread this time. I love me some  bread – YES, cookies & coffee too – but I love bread as well. This is not “bad”, but not my typical very healthy bread… DID NOT CARE! The first one is a cranberry raisin walnut loaf & the second one is a seedsational loaf!!! I am still eating it! 🙂

That was not my plate of food BTW! We all shared that – it was enough for all of us plus there were baked potatoes & a yam! The pie was delish too. The pie & bread came from Sprouts. Sprouts makes such great pies!!! We had other flavors last year & all of them are great for $2.99!!!! We will be buying for the Christmas celebration too! YES, bread too!

Thanksgiving2014table Thanksgiving2014bread Thanksgiving2014bread1 Thanksgiving2014bread2 Thanksgiving2014bread3 Thanksgiving2014bread4 Thanksgiving2014food Thanksgiving2014pie

We also had some amazing weather here. Rain is due today or tomorrow along with cooler weather but that is fine. We need the rain!!!!! My hair does not like it but we need it! 🙂 See the beginning pics above for the warmer part of the weather!

Saturday sunset below

Sunday sunrise run below – I used to run for time but now I enjoy the moment, cherish the journey.

Here are a couple pics from the Sunday run in a bigger format:

WoodbridgeNov30 2014 WoodbridgeNov30 2014A WoodbridgeNov30 2014B WoodbridgeNov30 2014C

We got some rain yesterday with beautiful clean air & clouds that were gorgeous! No cookie pics this week – giving you a break! 😉 I did have one each day though – YES, almost as big as my head!!!

We also saw Interstellar Saturday – long movie but we really enjoyed it!!!

Interstellar.jpg

How was your week, weekend, Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for today?

1. oh that bread —> drooling! I’m in gluten envy!

p.s. I’m thankful for you!

1. I’m thankful for you Lindsay!!!

2. Ah! That bread is making me salivate 😉

Love your thoughts on balance through the holidays as well.

1. Thank you so much Ashley.. lots of year learning for me on balance – good thing I strated young! 🙂

3. Nothing like a really good bread! I’ve thought about writing a column on the best breads I’ve had in life 🙂

One of the best was on a trip to South Africa with my dad. It was a mixture of several grains and made in the bush by tribe members. They said all the different grains represented the many different people that came together to be South Africa. It was great hot at night around the campfire, and even cold the next morning for breakfast!

1. Dr. J – write that post!!!! AI LOVE that story about the bread in South Africa! I want that bread!!!!

4. That thanksgiving feast looks fantastic! Hope you have a great week girlie!

1. Smooch Krysten!! Heal up & you are looking great!

5. YES to bread and different varieties! Those look so crispy and delicious…I love my bread as well…I mean I am 1/2 Italian and this Jersey girl likes her carbs. 🙂 Raining here in Houston and supposed to get cooler as well, but I’m okay with it. 🙂 Have a beautiful day!

1. BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, we need the rain here too so dealing with it! 😉

6. Yummy on the cranberry bread!

We had a really nice weekend and I actually had 2 days off from work, which is pretty unheard of!

1. Lori – YAHOO for off days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Gorgeous sunrises Jody! I’ll live vicariously thru you as we are grey and frigid right now. My SIL is an artisan break maker and she brought some for Thanksgiving. Oh my I could sit with an entire loaf and some good Irish butter and be quite happy!
    I am grateful for the Thanksgiving break but also happy to have it past as I busted my tail cooking and cleaning.

1. Marcia – we got some bread lovers here!!!!! 🙂

8. I love the pictures from your run – I always see them on Instagram but that is on my phone and small.
    Glad that you enjoyed the bread and everything!!!
    You are the 2nd person I’ve heard say that you saw Interstellar and that it was long.

1. Thx Kim – yes, movie was long but I did enjoy it! 🙂

9. Glad you got to enjoy your bread! It sounds wonderful!

Beautiful cloud photos!

I’m thankful for spending time with my boys, taking two barre classes over the weekend, and going to his first college football game with the kid.

Have a great week, Jody!

1. Great times for you Andrea!!!!!

10. You took some great shots. We are also eager for the rains. Pitter patter

1. Thank you Caralyn!!!!! Great gratitude for you!

1. Abby – so nice!!!!!!!!!!

11. We got just a drop of rain today, only enough to make my car even dirtier than it was :-). I’m grateful for my son, who, in spite of following a Paleo diet loves his mom enough to make separate vegan mashed potato and stuffing dishes for Thanksgiving.

1. Debbie – sweet son!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

12. Thanksgiving… Meh, not the best this year which is sad because it’s my favorite holiday. I was in a funky mood unfortunately, however… My sister revealed that she’s pregnant, so I guess I am thankful she’s happy and healthy 🙂

1. Gigi – so sorry about Thanksgiving!!! Is everything OK??? Congrats for sis!