What Demo Work Has Taught Me about Kindness; What I am Behind On for You

FB Think-before-you-speak-quotes

As you all know too well, I do demos for Wild Friends Nut Butters. I have learned a lot by doing them. Sure, I already knew “it” BUT did I practice what I preached?

How many of you have had one of those terrible days that made you want to scream out loud? How many of you have been in such a bad mood that you took it out on the teller at the bank, the employee at your local supermarket or retail store or any other customer service person?

OK – I am sure there is a small percentage that might have not done this but I am not one of them. I was different when I was younger AND with age, the hormones may have led to not the best behavior more than I care to admit!!!! Granted that the change in life can lead to some pretty bad anger times & I had way too many of them!

Doing demos, most people are extremely nice & pleasant. I have had many tell me what a great job I do – who doesn’t love some acknowledgement for hard work! 🙂 Kindness matters!!!!

BUT, I have also had the other side of the coin when people can be very rude. It is a small percentage but they are there. YES, I want to say: “Is there some reason why you have to be so rude & mean” – but I DON’T! I know life can be tough at times & a lot of times! I have learned to just smile & work around the rudeness…. Like my old saying goes & I post it OFTEN:

FB BeKind

So……. Remember:

FB Lau Tzu

THINGS I AM BEHIND ON – TOO MANY!!!!! I have to get my posts finished on the below but I am excited about them all!

1. SKOOP: I had the opportunity to try these products & LOVE THEM!!!!! More to come but I will offer a discount if you want to buy & try! 🙂

2. Kindrunner: A great site to buy your workout & running shoes along with lots of other accessories! They also give back! I have written about them before on my old blog. Go Daddy promised my posts would transfer over – they did not! 🙁 The customer service from Kindrunner is amazing!!!! I got my new Hoka OneOne shoes thru them & they got the color I wanted even though it was not the available color on their site! These are the award winning Cliftons. Check out Kindrunner now!

PhotoGrid_1412802859249

3. Underwater Audio: This group sent me a waterproof iPod & earbuds – both a SHORT cord as well as an extension cord – see picture below. Very excited to be testing this & loving that short cord!!!!!

ALSO, DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT BEST BOOMERS AND BEYOND! ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE GIVEAWAYS HAPPENING FOR THE LAUNCH OF THIS NEW BOOMER SITE! I wrote about it Monday!

So, who wants to admit taking out a bad mood or bad day on some poor unsuspecting soul????

1. That quote about words can only be forgiven but not forgotten hits HOME SO HARD RIGHT NOW!! The verbal “abuse” I have been receiving a lot lately, I forgive but…. I always remember! And you know what? At a certain point, you just really cannot take it anymore! I need to save that picture! I am glad your demo job is teaching you some patience and kindness! Do you ever do these demos in the LA area?!?!!? 😀

1. GiGi, I am so sorry you are getting verbal crap right now – WTF – not needed or deserved period! HUGS!!!!!

I don’t come to LA just because it is too far & they don’t pay mileage so I stay closer to home.

2. I find the hardest time for me is when I am on the phone with customer service. It isn’t the person on the other end of the line that is the problem, but it is really hard to not take it out on them when you are angry with a company.

1. Lori, I so agree! I often say, I know this is not you so I hope they are recording my conversation with you! 😉

3. yes, i have had the same. I worked demo for attunes and nuttzo and most people are just hungry! haha but they also need kindness. <3

1. Yes, I have the eaters & not buyers – easy to pick out too after doing this now. 😉

4. Love this reminder and message. I have worked retail and waited tables so I’ve been treated like complete dirt before. It was when I was much younger so I assumed the problem was always me, but realize now that sometimes it’s just the other person period. I think working in one of those lines of business (or demo work) is something EVERYONE should do at least once in their lives. You gain a different sort of respect for people and how to treat others.

1. Heather – such a great insight – yes, we do learn. I have mellowed over time for sure but this has made it even more noticeable to me – live & learn! 🙂

5. Yes, I totally support being kind in these situations. I had a patient come in one time that the office personal warned me about his rudeness and anger. When I saw him I asked him if he was all right and showed genuine concern. He stopped his behavior immediately ,and as it turned out, it had nothing to do with us, but his personal life was a mess! Most people are good.

1. Dr. J – great real life example!! I do thin & especially these days that people are so stressed!

6. It’s so true how we can often take out our frustration on others. I know that I have done it in the past, especially with customer service reps. I do apologize and say that I know that it’s not their fault and recognize that it’s my frustration – not that that excuses the behavior. But it is so true that we should always treat others with kindness!

1. Christine, we have all been there & done that.. I find I have to stop, breathe & think.. before speaking. 🙂

7. Great list of quotes. Feel`s refreshing to have these as a reminders

8. OH, I so agree about customer service. 90% of the people I meet with are nice but those other 10% are hard to deal with!!!

1. Kim, I am sure you are getting that big time with your business!

1. Abby – Yes, I get that too!!!! Great comment!

9. I work really hard not to take my anger out on those who are not responsible for whatever is creating the angry situation. Buuuuuut, I know I am quick to rile up, so I try to talk myself down. I know I would not want to deal with me when I am on a rampage!

1. Special K, I may resemble your comment! 🙂