Gratitude Monday, The Kitty, Cookies, Cooler Weather

KittyFound

Welcome to Gratitude Monday. Each Monday stop by & comment on what you are grateful for today. It does not have to be food or exercise related. It can be ANYTHING!

For those that follow me on Instagram & Facebook, you know that a kitty adopted us last week. I kept hearing a kitty crying out on our back patio for a couple of days after the gym. I went out calling to it but it did not come out. The third day the kitty finally made an appearance! It was so sweet & loving & just kept trying to rub up against me AND get in the house! Hubby is very allergic so we could not take it in BUT I started to feed it & give it water while I looked for the owner OR a new owner.

The kitty remained close to us staying under that tree all day & night. See pic above. We put a box out with a blanket to sleep in but it kept sleeping under the tree. It never strayed far & anytime I went out on the patio it came flying at me for loving!!!

One of our neighbor’s had a couple of dogs & cats so I asked her if she knew anyone that lost or might want a kitten. I told her the whole story. Being an animal lover, she came right over, looked at the kitten, scooped it up as it purred in her arms – told me it was a he – and said she would take him in while we looked for an owner. 🙂 Later that day she told me the kitten had already tried to make friends with her dogs & cats, pooped in the litter box (her cats are inside cats) & made itself at home. Obviously a kitten that had been somewhere & maybe abandoned. Check out the pics below of kitty – NOW SIMBA – in both neighbor’s home AND SIMBA’S NEW HOME WITH HER DAUGHTER-IN-LAW THAT HAD JUST LOST HER CAT! WHAT A LOVER!!!!! Whoever lost or abandoned this kitten – their loss!!!! No signs up around our neighborhood for a lost kitten so…..

Simba

I am so happy – very grateful for this neighbor that agreed to help this kitten! Her daughter-in-law is one lucky cat owner! My neighbor said Simba is a lover. I could tell that by how he stayed so close to me when I went out on our patio to feed him! HAPPY ENDING!!!!

Also thankful for cooler weather – I think I sweat out 5 pounds of sweat a day during the hot weather – it was unbearable!!!! It is going to get warm again but hopefully not as warm as it has been the past couple weeks!

ALWAYS thankful for cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 One is a Coco Loco which is oatmeal, chocolate chips, pecans & coconuts!!! I could have done without the chocolate chips. They took over the taste of the other goodies in it which I prefer over chocolate – yup, I like chocolate but not a lover. The second one is an oatmeal raisin. Both are from PDM Bakery. They have amazing cookies & pastries!!! Their macaroons are to die for too!

Photo: #ThoughtforEve - LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO ENJOY!!!  </p><br /><br />
<p>#CherishTheJourney #BalanceInLife #EnjoytheSmallThingsthatBecometheBigThings #Life #cookielover #cookies #myffmeal #Ilovecookies #fitfluential #cookiesmakemehappy #IChooseBeauty #NoGuilt #NoFilter @LifeMoments #happyplace #eatmorecookies #enjoythemoment #BeingPresent Cookies2

I know I have been MIA. With it being too hot to do anything in the computer room with no AC & work, I just have not been able to catch up with you all. SORRY!!! I hope you had a wonderful week! What have you been up to & what are you thankful for today?

1. That kitty is a sweetie Debbie!

1. So happy things worked out well for the kitty. It is a sweetie all right. Nice you are having cooler weather. I am still enjoying our hot and dry Summer and I hear cooler wet is on it’s way. Booooo!

1. We want cooler weather Elle! I am sure we will complain about our cold 50’s when those hit! 😉

2. I’m grateful for my good health! So easy to forget that sickness, injury or even worse could strike when you least expect it.

1. So true John – when we least expect it!!!

3. Happy for Simba!! Happy for your cooler weather!! Grateful for stretching!! Out of necessity, I had to do some serious stretching this week. It has been of tremendous benefit to me and my back!! I’m gratefully accepting this lesson and will continue to stretch on a daily basis. To keep my body able and agile, it is a must that I know as truth now!!

1. Yes to stretching Tess! I have done it thru the years always but so much more with age – YUP, it is a must! 🙂

1. Ah, a 3 cookie weekend Carla – no guilt! 🙂

4. You did a good thing, and served another life. We are stewards for the animals of this planet — or not. Thank you for being a steward!

1. HUGE HUGS ROY!!! I wish I could have kept this sweet kitten but it found us so there was a reason.. 🙂

5. So glad the kitty has a new home. Kittens actually automatically litterbox train, even strays. It’s pretty amazing – so it could be he truly is a stray, but signs and a post on craigs list looking for the owner is always a good thing.

1. Lori – I am so happy he is happy! Such a sweet kitty!!!

6. So glad kitty found a loving home! Glad too that it cooled down for you. I am grateful for authentic friends. : )

1. Authentic friends are perfect Marcia!!!!

7. So glad the kitty found a home!

And I heard about the So Cal weather, yikes! Am kinda grateful to be enjoying a crisp sunny fall day on the cape and that I”m not back in San Diego yet!

1. Thx Jan! YES, you are lucky you missed the crazy heat!!!!! HOpe you are feeling better!

8. My cat just showed up at the front door years ago and never left. It’s very special when an animal chooses us!

Your kitty was accustomed to people, but mine was not. She eventually tamed me, however 🙂

1. That is the way I felt Dr. J – I really wish we could have kept him but he has a great home as you can see! 🙂

1. Erin – 🙂 I love the happy ending!!!!

9. Kitten, gratitude, warm story, cookies, great read this Monday morning, thanks!

1. Thx Haralee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Hi Jody. AWWWWW!!!! What a great story, and what an ADORABLE kitten!!! BTW, thank you so much for your amazing and wonderful comment on my blog yesterday. You are wonderful. That is all! BIG BIG hug my friend!!!!

1. SMOOCH & HUGS Roz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Michelle – my cookies are big enough for 2 or 3 people but I eat the whole thing! 🙂

1. Me too Krysten!!!!!!! He is the sweetest!

11. Happy Monday! Simba is one lucky kitty to have found a loving home. Props to you and your neighbor! I am grateful that SoCal weather has cooled a bit. Those 100+ degree days were brutal.

1. Thx M! I appreciate all your kind words!!!!!

12. I’m glad that one of your neighbors was able to take the cat!!
    I hope you get a break from the heat soon!
    Today I’m grateful that Chris is back home:)

1. Me too Kim!!!! So happy for you that hubby is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. That is wonderful, I love your kitty saving ways and so happy your neighbor save him..

1. Me too on Simba Andrea! Ah, the coast enjoyment – perfect!