Gratitude Monday and EXCITING NEWS!!!!

TwitterFacebookGoogle+PinterestLinkedInEmailStumbleUponTumblrShare

JenniferPregnant

Welcome to Gratitude Monday.Β Each Monday stop by & comment on what you are grateful for today. It does not have to be food or exercise related. It can be ANYTHING!

OMG, I am so excited to finally be able to share this news!!!!! My youngest stepdaughter made me keep it mum until now! SHE IS PREGNANT!!!!!! Grandkid #8! Another granddaughter! She is due in January. She has had a pretty rough time with the sickness stuff & not just morning – all day! It is finally a bit better now but rough times up to now!

Isn’t she beautiful!!!! She is in general but with that pregnant bump, even more so!

So thankful for all this AND that she is local & not out-of-state! πŸ™‚

Also, Happy Bday to my niece who is following in my younger years footsteps & avoiding pictures. I could not find a newer pic of her & this one is OLD but her bday was September 4th. – dang , I wish I had a newer pic! Hope it was wonderful!! People always sayΒ that we looked alike in the younger years – meaning her pics compared to my younger years pics back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth! πŸ˜‰

JessFunk

Of course you all know how grateful I am for my Labor Day weekend trip to see the grandkids, stepdaughters & their husbands – shared lots of pics of that already! OK – a few more! πŸ™‚

Cookies of course! I got that green sugar one in the first pic & the pumpkin one in the second pic – delish!. Amazing donuts for the others & those Texas style ones are HUGE! The pics don’t do them justice! BALANCE IN LIFE!!! More grandkids doing the goofy pic. Me on the train ride. Not a fan of this pic but it shows you how I was just taking in the freeing time & BREATHING and BEING PRESENT! Me on one of the granddaughters on the train ride.Hubby & me in front of the train. Me and the granddaughter with the cast from the train ride. Pics from a walk I took with my middle stepdaughter.

LaborDay2014Cookies LaborDay2014Donuts LaborDay2014GrandkidsGoofy LaborDay2014JodyBreeeze LaborDay2014JodyBrooke LaborDay2014JodySteveTrain LaborDay2014TrainCharactersBrookeJodyLaborDay2014LisaWalk

What a great Gratitude Monday post!!!!!!

How are you? How was your week? What are you thankful for today?

1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Babies are The. Most. Exciting! You’re so blessed with family. I feel blessed as well with my family who is scattered all around. We don’t see each other as often as I’d like because of distance BUT it is wonderful times when we get together!! Have a super week!

1. Thx Tess!!! Like you, the 2 older stepdaughters & grandkids are not in state & we wish they were close! πŸ™‚ Have a wonderful one!

1. Thx Caral – we are excited!!!

1. Congrats Rena – how exciting!!!!! Your first?

2. The best news!!! So happy for all of you! I am grateful for a rest day today after a weekend filled with hills!

1. Thx Marcia & hope you had a great rest day!!!!

3. What exciting news! Congratulations! I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes much better!

I’m thankful for a long family hike and time spent with the boys.

1. Thx Andrea – I know she hopes it goes better!

1. Heather – hope you had a good one too!

4. Congratulations! Great list. I am grateful for a fabulous garden and the energy and time to be able to freeze lots of its’ bounty. A lot of work but I know this winter I will really, really be grateful!

1. That garden bounty sounds amazing!!!

5. Congrats!!!!

It’s always so helpful for me to take a moment to focus on the positive and everything I’m grateful for, even when not quite everything is going my way. Thanks for the reminder.

1. Becki, that is precisely why I do this on Monday. I have tough times too right now but this sort of grounds me. πŸ™‚

6. When I saw your post title I thought you were going to announce a new job! Then I saw the photo and read the text. So happy both for you AND your future grandbaby, who gets to have YOU as nana! What a way to start Gratitude Monday!

1. Kymberly – πŸ™‚ Still doing demos & they are fin but yes, still need to bring in more dough! πŸ™‚

Very happy about the new little one on the way!

7. yay for pregnancy! hehe well your step daugthers! I cant wait to hear more and see pics!!

8. Congrats, what great wonderful news for you & your family! Lots to be thankful for.

9. So exciting about your youngest step-daughter! Congrats to you and her! She is super cute!
    I’m so glad you had such a great weekend with all of your family over Labor Day – I know it is hard to not live close enough to see family more often.

1. Thx Kim & yes, you understand… great to see them!

10. Congrats! The expectant mom looks SO cute! Hope she feels better soon. Mmm, I’m grateful for seeing those awesome goodies & happy family pix! And finding cranberry white chocolate bread at Whole Foods bakery the other week.

1. Thx M! Those rolls are so good at Whole Foods!!!!

11. I am so thankful for my support system. I am going through a lot of CRAP right now. A LOT. But my friends and family are so loving and caring and I couldn’t appreciate them more. I love them to death. πŸ™‚

1. GiGi, so sorry you are going thru crap!!!! HUGE HUGS!!!!

12. YAHAAAY!!!! I know my mom can’t WAIT for us to have kids haha!

SO I just found your blog from fit to the finish, and am SOO excited about it!! Can I look like you when I am 52?! You’re so stinkin’ amazing!

1. Kirtley, πŸ™‚ Well, I have been at this 30++ years & pretty hard core the whole time so… It takes lots of hard work for sure! πŸ™‚ THX!!!!!