Wednesday March 19, 2014
Thx to Fabletics for the very cute outfit above!
As most of you know, I have had the flu for the past 8 or so days. I felt not so great Friday night of ExpoWest. When I got up Saturday for the show I was still feeling UGH but as the day went on & I walked a billion miles, , I was feeling better. Come Saturday night when I got home, I was down for the count & never got back up until the end of last week!
I was smart about this. I did not run the Sunday morn after the show since I was feeling bad & as the week wore on, I stayed put & rested, slept A LOT, was careful about not overdoing – heck, I could barely do anything! I went out each day for a bit of Vitamin D to help me. On Sunday, I was still so-so & I probably could have tried my outside run but I listened to the bod some more, stayed home & decided to try my way back to exercise Monday morning with my all weight workout – pics above.
I was & am still hacking A LITTLE but the bod feels great! I had a fantastic weight workout Monday & my cardio (hardest cardio day of the week) & weights went well again yesterday.
To be honest with you, I was a bit scared going back. I had been gone 8 days doing basically nothing. I was nervous about the cardio more than anything but the weights were fine & cardio too! I was sure to listen to the bod!
What I learned having the flu:
1. I am so thankful for every day I can do my workouts & especially at 56 years old. Many bitch & complain about having to work out – heck, I do at times with the cardio. So many people can’t even do anything due to disabilities, illness & more. I am thankful for my workouts!
2. Life goes on – In my head, everything is going to go down south & bad if I can’t work out. It is in the head! I even almost did some core work when I was too sick but I didn’t! I would not prefer to be out of it more than I was but life went on, I was fine & all is good now!
3. Being sick like this & not being able to do your normal routine provides a whole new perspective on life. Sure I should have learned this multiple times but I hope to really learn it this time. I am not going to stress about not getting to reading & responding to blogs. I love you all but I can only do what I can do. I have a life to figure out here, I need to pay bills & more so I need to focus more on my own priorities as hard as that will be for me to do when it comes to blogging friends! I am not going to stress about posting either so if you want to read all my posts – maybe subscribe if you have not because I am really not sure which days & how many days a week I will be posting. I am going to play it by ear. If I have more things to say, I may post more than 3 times a week or if not, maybe less. If life needs living – I am going to do that vs. reading & posting.
Yes, shameless plug for my love of Knixwear but do love the quote!
4. I still have lots to say so I have some recap posts of ExpoWest coming up, reviews of products, things going on in my life & more. I am not disappearing BUT if I have to for any reason, I will sure let you know first! I will say that getting paying gigs is the priority & since that does not seem to be happening in the fitness realm, I may have to move onward eventually but time will tell on that – I have some interviews in April NOT in the fitness arena & right now, paying bills is the priority for me.
If any of you can help me get paying gigs in the health/fitness area, work from home, anything like that – please let me know. I usually don’t ask for help but a couple blogging friends said I was not asking for enough help so I am asking! I do have a Business degree but I want to stay within health & fitness & preferably be able to work from home BUT all depends on any help offered – thank you!
5. I am thankful for all of you! That is a for sure!!!
Anything you want to hear about from me? Anything you want to share?
Brand Love: Just ignore if not interested.
1. Designer Whey Products – Full disclosure that I make a bit of money if you use my discount code ZDWHEY4 at online checkout for 20% off your total order – all products included and free shipping in continental US with orders of $50+! If you have a fit minded friend that loves their products, why not make up your own little gift cert, give it to them & let them know you will pay for it!
2. KnixWear. I am one of their “knixperts”. You get 15% off your order by putting my code knixpert25 when ordering online. I have tested the gusset lined ones for stopping “crotch sweat” – THEY DO!!!
They now have a NEW CAMPAIGN on Indiegogo. It is their new FitKnix line!!!! SO EXCITING! You can click that link to see the video & learn/see more AND ORDER!
FULL DISCLOSURE: The link is personalized for me so if people buy using my link, I get a LITTLE bit of money for all sales once my numbers reach a certain point. Would love you to help the company & me. I know you will love the undies!
3. MixMyOwn Healthy Cereals: Full disclosure that I make a little money off them if you click my link but I LOVE THIS COMPANY & the idea of being able to make up your own special mix from 100+ choices! You can also buy gift certificates from their site for friends, family & coworkers!
4. NEW Partnership! Silk Athlete: Line of 100% organic silk fitness apparel! Get 10% off your online orders with Discount Code silk-jody. This line feels amazing on, wicks sweat beautifully! There is no weighted silk, acid dyes, wild silk, silk noil etc. They don’t finish their products with anything. The garments are hand cut, individually, and sewn by hand, in an innovative production system- in a special purpose built sportswear factory. The factory is certified for low waste, energy efficient, responsible employer- with good inspection process by authorities. It can take 6 months to develop a color- some colors can’t be offered – for example white- given white is “made”- by coating the textile with a chemical. They don’t offer really deep colors that silk is renowned for as this requires acid.