I am HOT with NO Apologies! And a Apology too! ;) Read on!

Wednesday January 16, 2013

So, what is that title all about??? Well, it is the start of a longer post to come! I know, I am such a tease!!!

So, I am not saying I am HOT like guys will say about some beautiful lady that walks by or the crazy guys that blab on TMZ. I am hot with hot flashes!

What I am saying is that I AM PROUD OF MY 55 YEAR OLD BODY! I AM NOT "HOT" IN THE TRUE SENSE OF THE WORD. What I am saying is that for years I felt bad or felt it was wrong to "promote" my hard work for the past 30++ years. It felt wrong to put it out there that I deserve to be recognized for what I have accomplished since I started working out in my early 20's. Yes, many have more credentials than I do, have more publicity, have more people/companies seeking them out. What I have is my own personal knowledge that "I HAVE DONE GOOD"!

I have decided I am going to start shouting from the rooftops that I have lots to share too! The fact that at 55, I have maintained & improved (for my age) speaks for itself. I was heavy in my youth & lost 35-40 pounds in high school. I have worked at learning how to keep it off & be healthy ever since those days.

The NO APOLOGIES - Well, I am not going to apologize for shouting this from the rooftops. I am also not going to apologize for my crazy workouts & my diligence to sticking to them & my food program. It has taken me a long time to get here!

I know my readers get this about me so this is not directed toward any of you!!!! It is just that I read so much about how people that never give up their workouts & don't treat themselves enough & work out too long are "bad". They don't have balance & their workouts are wrong because all the experts say that is so.

For me, this all feels right. I am happy with my lifestyle & the way I eat AND THE WAY I EXERCISE! Many others may be able to do HIIT & intervals & shorter workouts & look just great but it does not work for me. I do HIIT & intervals & more so it is not that I am not doing that in my workouts.

I am going to talk more about the specifics of my workouts in a post next week to explain this more clearly.

For now: I AM PROUD OF ALL I DO!

ONE MORE THING: I am putting it out there because I never ask & am I am going to ask now - If any of you have contacts that may help me get on any talk show or get in any magazine that wants to promote a fit & healthy 55 year old, PLEASE LET ME KNOW & I WILL RECIPROCATE IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE!

I have a story to tell!!! I was heavy as a kid. I lost weight in high school. I made mistakes when I was younger. I had to relearn the right way to eat & live for a long term lifestyle. I have been learning & progressing for over 30 years. I had to learn thru perimenopause into menopause. I HAD TO LEARN WHAT WAS RIGHT FOR ME & I AM STILL DOING THAT TODAY!

I actually have a relative that I have talked to about doing a book. I am a blabber but not a "writer" in the true sense of the word. This relative is an excellent writer but he is still in college. We have discussed him as a ghost writer for me BUT that is in the future after he gets thru school. He graduates this year. For now I want to just get out there & tell my story & show that we can age without falling apart. That we can age & still take care of ourselves. I want younger people to know that there is constant learning along the way as  they get out of school, get a job, start a family & more. I have 30 years plus of living this. It is just about sharing & showing my passion of health & fitness!

I AM GETTING OLDER & I NEED TO GRAB MY TIME BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

Thank you all for letting me scream from the rooftops on my blog!!! This is meant just as a post to say I am never giving up on my dreams! I still have to find other work but I am NOT GIVING UP!!!!

The apology: I have not been able to get to as many blogs & FB pages as I like to - I am trying!!!!  I am blogging but also seeking work & trying to contact companies of products I LOVE! It is always nice to work for a company that one believes in whole heartily!

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 2
  • 1/16/2013 4:01 AM Cammy-TippyToeDiet wrote:
    I wish I could help, Jody, but the only contacts I have are the ones in my eyes. I'm pulling for you, though!

Now, repeat after me: I am enough.
    1. 1/16/2013 6:24 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Cammy - you are so funny!!! Sweet too!!! I am repeating that - thank you!
  • 1/16/2013 4:37 AM Stacey Tzanetakou wrote:
    I too know what it is liked to be judged and called crazy or obesessed with working out and eating healthy. And I am an ex pro soccer player, if you do not train hard how can you excel? I have learned to ignore those people who judged, and the irony is that they are slowly started to understand that it takes hard work to maintain a healthy physique. I feel the best school is the school of life, it can teach you more than any course so it does not matter if someone has a degree or diploma or if they are following the latest fitness trend. You are a great mentor and I look forward to reading more of your articles.
    1. 1/16/2013 6:25 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Stacey - THANK YOU!!!!! As an ex pro - I guess you get this for sure!!!! You really helped me today - thank you! I wrote that post when I was in a nit of a "fit".
  • 1/16/2013 5:50 AM MiZ wrote:
    grab your time SISTER!!
    1. 1/16/2013 6:26 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Carla - you do that the to me!!! I was also in a mood over something so the two came together!
  • 1/16/2013 6:21 AM EmergeFit wrote:
    As you may know, I'm taking February off of all technology. My primary reason for doing so is to ELIMINATE ALL DISTRACTIONS so I can complete my book. If you channel your blogging, commenting, and Facebook time into book time, imagine what you could accomplish...
    1. 1/16/2013 6:27 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Roy, I did not know you were taking Feb off - Your writing is amazing so I look forward to that! Me, I have to wait for my ghost writer to be ready & he is not yet...
  • 1/16/2013 6:42 AM Dr. J wrote:
    I'm very glad you are confident in who you are, Jody!

I hope you find what you are hoping for!
    1. 1/16/2013 4:51 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Thx Dr. J!
  • 1/16/2013 7:09 AM Carrie wrote:
    You are amazing. I would love to read your whole story and wish you much luck. Although I do believe we make our own luck and you're going to get there!
    1. 1/16/2013 4:53 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Carrie - thx mucho!!!!! I have been trying different things for years but maybe being an old broad that looks decent will set me apart somehow.
  • 1/16/2013 7:53 AM Sian wrote:
    You shout girl! I wish I knew someone to help you spread the word but I don't.....I would love to see you on a talk show! Dr oz would be perfect! Maybe start a petition......?i I will be the first to sign!
    1. 1/16/2013 4:53 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Sian - a petition - now that is an idea!!! Although we tried to get MizFit on Ellen & could not even get her on there & she is amazing!
  • 1/16/2013 8:11 AM Lori wrote:
    I have no contacts, Jody, but if I see anything, I will certainly let you know.

You deserve to shout from the roof. Go girl!!
    1. 1/16/2013 4:54 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Lori - thank you - you know I appreciate all your support!
  • 1/16/2013 8:17 AM Tami wrote:
    Yes you deserve to shout from the roof tops Jody! You know I'm a huge fan of yours and hope and pray that you get the break you deserve.

I don't have any contacts for you but wonder if you should contact AARP magazine with your story, perhaps the Dr Oz show- several bloggers have been on his show. You live so close to where some talk shows are filmed so why not contact some of them through their websites and tell your story. Many people are discovered through You Tube videos.

Wishing you much success!
    1. 1/16/2013 4:55 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Tami - Yes, I have written to a few mags over the years - more than I care to say! Dr. Oz is NYC but yes, some of the others are out here.... Thx for your tips & advice!!!
  • 1/16/2013 9:35 AM Kim wrote:
    You are HOT!!! You should be able to put that out there proudly. Especially with your great story! I'm really pushing my fifties (or mid-forties but it's all the same) and I hope to come close to your fitness level at some point!!!
    1. 1/16/2013 4:56 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Kim, thank you!!! I was saying pushing 50 when I was in the 40's too!

Page: 1 of 2