Burger King Pairs Soda w/Menu Items!

Friday September 21, 2012

Has anyone seen this out in a Burger King? I first saw it recently on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. HOLY CRAP! Can you read what is says? See below.

Coke: Real full-bodies taste with a refreshing bubbly finish

Diet Coke: All the great taste with no calories. Goes down smooth

Sprite: crisp & clear body with a whole lotta character

Dr. Pepper: 23 fruity flavors give it pep

Anyone else think this is craziness????? Soda can clean a toilet & a car engine!!!!! Think what it is doing to your insides!

Now saying that, I have no prob if people want to have 1 or 2 diet sodas in a day - that is their decision to make for themselves. I have my treat cookies & yes, I have a few of my hubby's french fries when he eats them so I am not one that has to eat every little thing clean!

...BUT to put this on a menu board! Plus for those in the know on regular soda - lots & lots of empty calories & the cause for many in terms of weight gain! Both soda & high calorie sugary drinks are one of the main causes of weight gain - yes the overeating too but so many have no clue of the calories in what they are drinking every day!!!

Most people know this but 1 pound = 3500 calories. Most REGULAR sodas have about 110-120 calories per 12 ounce can & LOTS OF SUGAR GRAMS. If you have 2 regular sodas per day at say 115 calories per soda... do the math - 230 calories per day x 30 days in a month is 6900 calories (I did not even count in the months with 31 days)! That is 2 pounds per month and ONLY IF THAT IS ALL YOU ARE DRINKING!!!!!!! Calculate that out year after year after year at 24 pounds+ a year - NOT PRETTY!!!!!!!!! PLUS all those sugar grams too! YIKES!

We are what we eat & drink!

So - really curious - anyone see this anywhere? Your thoughts?

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 2
  • 9/21/2012 2:25 AM Cammy-TippyToeDiet wrote:
    Since this is where I've had to spend most of the past few months, of course I've seen it. (I've got a post coming up about my experience in BK-land. I had some nice surprises.)

I think this was meant as a tongue-in-cheek way to highlight the variety of menu items. To me it's no different than the other drink menu boards or advertising.
    1. 9/21/2012 3:02 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Cammy - the issue is for me was with the way the described the soda - other boards just put the drink on there but to describe soda in some of those terms..... Eager to hear what you have to say about your experiences there though!
  • 9/21/2012 3:28 AM Ewa wrote:
    Haven't been to BK in years.
    Companies cater to people's tastes and cravings. If we were demanding broccoli, I am sure there would be nice boards with a clever take on how broccoli can satisfy our delicate tastes.
  • 9/21/2012 5:19 AM Lori wrote:
    This sign made me laugh. I think they are trying to make it like a wine pairing in a humorous way LOL!
  • 9/21/2012 5:37 AM KarenJ wrote:
    Gotta love marketing! I gave up drinking all soda, it's nothing but artificial flavor and color. It's so hard for me to believe that anyone, regardless of their weight, would drink a big cup of carbonated, artificially flavored and colored sugar water when water is so much more refreshing.
  • 9/21/2012 6:13 AM Dr. J wrote:
    No I hadn't seen it because I never go into these places!
  • 9/21/2012 6:39 AM Patrick wrote:
    I have not seen these signs, but I have not been to fast food recently. Soda is killer stuff, it's that simple. Drink it, and no good comes from it minus the temporary bump you get from the flavor or caffeine. Not worth it as I see it.
  • 9/21/2012 9:54 AM Diane fit to the finish wrote:
    It's just ridiculous isn't it Jody? People that are informed about calories/nutrition will be able to see through this marketing ploy, but those that aren't suffer.
  • 9/21/2012 1:11 PM Geosomin wrote:
    It reads like a pompous wine matching menu. I hope it's tongue in cheek version of one. Otherwise, that's just...well insultingly silly.
  • 9/21/2012 3:19 PM Stan Portrait Photographer wrote:
    You made the decision, you put in the determination, work and sweat, now you want to have a visual record that will last many lifetimes... I'm a portrait photographer and I know the value of Family Portraits. I've noticed in the last 12 years that a lot of people are buying nice pro DSLRs and offering photography services for hire, but most don't know what they're doing, and as a result a lot of folks who just don't know the questions to ask when hiring a photographer are being taken for a ride! So I wrote a book to help people separate the Pros from the Pretenders, and to guide you to getting YOUR Perfect Portrait! You can check it out at http://yourperfectportrait.net. ALOHA!
  • 9/22/2012 3:02 AM Ron wrote:
    I hadn't seen this. It's incredible what they do to try and entice you to drink the stuff. They certainly very clever at marketing, hopefully not too many people fall for it, even if it is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Page: 1 of 2