Guess Who is Coming for Dinner; PB Recall

Tuesday March 8, 2011

I so loved this movie!!!!

So I was on the way to UCLA last week for more dental work & I was listening to the morning Mark & Brian show. They are a couple funny guys that have been on the air for years.

They were talking about a game someone played at a party to get interaction between the guests. Here is how it goes:

Your dinner party is for 8 people, you included. If you could invite 7 people over to dinner, people that are now alive or those that are no longer alive, who are the 7 people you would invite over and how would you seat then next to each other to stimulate conversation.

I found this such an interesting question whether you are having a party or not! Honestly, I am still thinking about it but of course I would love to bring my parents back. I also would love to have Barbra Streisand there for her voice & knowledge. I was thinking about Oprah just because of all she has done in her life & to chat with her about overcoming the obstacles in her youth to be one of the most powerful women that she is now.. I would also like to talk with her about her public weight struggles & all the different things she has done along the way. I would ask her about her view/feelings now about her weight & what she does in terms of food & exercise... what her lessons learned were. Of course I would love to talk to Jack Lalanne! Also, Ellen DeGeneres would be fun for her wit, humor & giving attitude. There are lots of others too like people that help other people but just a quick thought process. One of the guys on the show wanted to sit John Lennon & Paul McCartney next to each other because he said they did not get along. I don't know about that..

So, taking this question in a health & fitness direction, of course, right!

If you could pick 3 things or people that you KNOW WOULD HELP YOU with your weight loss, health & fitness goals, what or who would they be? What or who would be that thing that would get you past the "no more excuses" game? I was going to ask for 7 but I thought that would overwhelm you - but feel free to add as many as you like!

Be realistic on this exercise. Let's try to help each other!

Oh, feel free to answer the dinner question too & maybe you want to use that at your next get together!

Don't forget you have thru end of day today to enter my The Great Fitness Experiment Giveaway.

Skippy PB RecallI don't eat Skippy but I know some out there may have it in the house.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 4, 2011 - Unilever United States, Inc. today announced a limited recall of Skippy® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter Spread and Skippy® Reduced Fat Super Chunk Peanut Butter Spread, because it may be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

The recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). No other Skippy® products are affected by this recall.

The product was distributed to retail outlets in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The affected product, which is packaged in 16.3 oz plastic jars, is as follows:

• UPCs: 048001006812 and 048001006782 (located on the side of the jar’s label below the bar code.)
  • Best-If-Used-By Dates: MAY1612LR1, MAY1712LR1, MAY1812LR1, MAY1912LR1, MAY2012LR1 and MAY2112LR1 (Stamped on the lid of the jar.)

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 1
  • 3/8/2011 3:50 AM Miz wrote:
    I am going with a new booty
    and adding in my love of that movie as well. the original NOT the remake.

and a child who actually slept! that would aid me in my quest, too.
    1. 3/8/2011 6:05 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Yes, Carla - the original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A sleeping child would help in your quest for more sleep too!
  • 3/8/2011 4:02 AM Sheri wrote:
    You know I have no idea who I would want to help me in my daily life. I can tell you who I wouldn't want, but never thought of who I would. I think too many people today would lead me astray with their over dominant approach to eating clean. I can barely make it through the day eating "lite" let alone making everything that goes in my mouth....no I have to be honest I don't have anyone at the moment. My husband has been the best influence in my life, so I am blessed I am living with the person who helps me most (he doesn't know this shhhh)
    1. 3/8/2011 6:07 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Sheri, interesting & yes, I bet people can think of who they don't want .....

I agree on the hubby thing. I am lucky as well!
  • 3/8/2011 6:05 AM AFG wrote:
    Jody, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that movie!!!! Haven't seen it in a long time but now I want to watch it again.

So is it Jif or Skippy with the recall? I am a Jif girl... But as of late have been limiting my PB consumption as it's easy to eat too many calories of it.
    1. 3/8/2011 6:12 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Bobbie, thx so much for bringing my attention to my mistakes there! Opps! Good thing I had the recall info there.... I am just getting too old!
  • 3/8/2011 6:49 AM Lesley Lifting Life wrote:
    Iheard about that recall, made me glad I didn't have any Skippy!ha.
  • 3/8/2011 8:58 AM Lori wrote:
    I would love to meet Lynn from Lynn's Weigh in person. She is a fabulous writer and just a great person in general.

Another tool that would help me is a set schedule for work. Right now, my hours are all over the place, which can be pretty stressful. That will be changing soon, so hopefully I will see a difference there!

Spring would also be a great thing! I need to get outside for exercise other than shoveling snow LOL
    1. 3/8/2011 1:02 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      I best check out that lady now Lori!!! Yes, you are having quite the weather! I am doing another version of Saturday Funnies - Winter Edition this weekend!
  • 3/8/2011 9:39 AM Dr. J wrote:
    They did a re-make?

I was lucky enough to spend a few hours with my real life hero as a kid, R Buckminster Fuller.

Leonardo Di Vinci! I'd take him flying then have dinner. Safer that way
    1. 3/8/2011 1:02 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      Now that sounds like your type of person Dr. J!
  • 3/8/2011 12:41 PM Karen wrote:
    So today 11 of your last post showed up in my reader despite 10 of them having been there before. Seems I am not the only one with godaddy issues today

So, I want to come to YOUR dinner. You and Oprah. Sounds good to me.
    1. 3/8/2011 1:03 PM truth2beingfit wrote:
      OMG Karen, too funny.. or not! I would invite you if I could get Oprah here! Would be interesting to hear what she has to say about her own weight struggles...
  • 3/8/2011 6:51 PM Cammy-TippyToeDiet wrote:
    No people for fitness, but I would benefit from having a BOSU and elliptical for home and a new pair of sneakers. I have my fingers crossed for the Megamillions lottery tonight. (The jackpot is $127 million--I could buy ALL of us a BOSU!)
    1. 3/9/2011 6:02 AM truth2beingfit wrote:
      I hope you won so we can all have a BOSU!

Page: 1 of 1